JCC Electrical Energy Services recently completed the installation of a solar panel and battery storage system at a residential property in Redhill, Surrey. The project involved the installation of various components and the integration of the system for efficient power generation and storage. The following is an overview of the project:
Inverter and Battery Storage System
- JCC installed a Solax 3.68KW Inverter, which serves as the heart of the system, converting DC power generated by the solar panels into AC power for use in the property.
- A 5.7KWH Alpha ESS battery storage system (ACR-10 Metre PV system) was integrated to store excess energy generated by the solar panels for later use.
Solar Panel Installation
- Our expert solar panel installers mounted six Trina PV modules on the flat roof of the property, specifically above the car port. These panels are responsible for harnessing solar energy and converting it into DC power.
- Flash tiles were utilised to allow the DC wires to run into the roof span, ensuring a clean and organised installation.
- The panels were mounted using a rail system, employing 1500V DC PV rated string wiring and MCS approved Female/Male MC4 Connectors for secure and reliable connections.
- JCC installed two circuits from the solar panel system to the consumer unit inside the property. This enables the generated power to be distributed to various electrical loads within the house.
- AC wiring was carefully connected to the main consumer unit, ensuring proper functionality of the inverter, battery storage system and commissioning range.
Commissioning and Testing
- JCC performed thorough commissioning and testing of the entire system to verify its proper operation.
- The inverter was integrated onto a web viewing page and connected to the internet, allowing the homeowner to monitor live data and power generation from the PV system.
Project Completion and Warranty
- Upon successful completion of the installation, JCC performed a full handover of the system to the homeowner.
- JCC provided a 5-year Workmanship Warranty, ensuring the quality and reliability of their installation work.
- Manufacturer warranties, including data sheets and O&M (Operation and Maintenance) manuals, were issued to the homeowner as part of the handover package.
Contract and Acceptance
- JCC provided the homeowner with terms and conditions and a works contract upon acceptance of the project.
- The completion of the contract and acceptance of the terms ensured a clear understanding of the project scope and responsibilities.